Thursday, November 19, 2009

Floral Inspiration from a zebra?!

Design can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. But the key to great design starts at the point of inspiration. And truly anything can serve as a medium. When I am asked to design floral arrangements for an event, the first place I usually look to is the person that the occasion is held for be it the bride and groom or the birthday girl. If I'm designing for a home, I look to the homeowner and their sense of style.

Except, this time, I was given just two words:
ANIMAL PRINT.

As in this?
Photobucket
Hmmm....this is going to be interesting. Mother nature is one of my favorite places to go for creative sparks but I've never been given an animal to turn into some fabulous decor.

So, imagine my excitement when I came across this leaf. And yes, it's real.
Photobucket

Give the leaf a literal little twist:
Photobucket

And viola!
Photobucket

Its amazing what a little inspiration can do. All you need is a place to start and ANYTHING can be your muse.

2 comments:

nancy {So Happi Together} said...

LOVE this! You are such a creative soul. I can't wait to work together again!!

Joanna Park said...

Thanks so much Nancy! Right back at you!