Monday, March 1, 2010

Going Green - Corporate Responsiblity

Alright already. You've probably heard the terms 'going green' or 'corporate responsibility' multiple times but what does this all really mean?

I've had to ask myself the same questions. It seems everyone is jumping onto the bandwagon of recycling and doing their part to make the planet a healthier place. And as I observe businesses claim their 'green-ness', I can't help but become increasingly skeptical. I mean, how can you really measure if a company is truly engaging in the environmentally friendly practices they state they are? Especially with florists, I find myself unsure of terms like 'environmentally sustainable design.'

So, I've decided to start my own journey of uncovering what it really means to 'go green.' If you're curious too, I invite you to come along. All posts that deal with this concept will be labeled under 'Going Green." If you have any thoughts and/or suggestions, leave me a comment so we can do a little exploration together.

Ready? Set. Go!

No comments: