Thursday, May 6, 2010

Make an Arrangement with Flowers from Your Own Garden

Ironically, one of the most expensive flowers on the market are garden roses. I'm not talking about the roses you see in the grocery store but the ones that people grow in their own gardens. You know, the really fragrant roses that grow on bushes and produce these ginormous blooms.

Photobucket

As a floral designer, I know that I've paid as much as 6 times the cost of the commercial rose for a garden rose. So if you have a flower garden, pluck a few and throw 'em in a vase. Trust me, you won't need much design talent to make it look gorgeous since these beauties look stunning without any excess fluff. And they will make your house smell luscious.

And just for the record, I'm jealous of you green thumbers. I can't grow anything to save my life.

No comments: