Saturday, May 29, 2010

Food Network's Robert Irvine at the Food and Wine Festival Disneyland

Robert Irvine.
What does this guy have to do with flowers? Not much. But what does he have to do with the event industry? So much!
Star of Food Network's show Dinner Impossible, Robert Irvine is sent to feed gourmet meals for hundreds in near impossible conditions with limited resources and time. In the normal world of events, we usually book months in advance and carefully plan the all the details until crunch time. Like I said, that's in the normal world and probably how most of you plan your events. I truly have a deep sense of respect and admiration for a guy like Robert who can pull together these amazing meals in just a few hours. He seems to possess an incredible ability organize and execute on the fly. Needless to say, I was quite the giddy school-girl when I had the opportunity to meet him at Disneyland California Adventure's Food and Wine Festival.
Photobucket
And no joke, he greeted me with a 'sweep-me-off-my-feet' spinning hug! I couldn't have asked for more.
See? Dreams do come true!

And you know what else? I had to privilege to witness a wedding proposal!
Photobucket
Oh man, my Sunday couldn't get any better. Now, if only I had thought to give them my business card....

No comments: