Sunday, September 26, 2010

Part 1: A Night at Bella Collina in San Clemente, CA with Jay's Catering

If you've been following my blog, you'll know by now that I tend to post the 'behind-the-scene' stuff. And you wanna know why? Because there is SO much intense work required to pull together these gorgeous events and no one knows how hard the work is until you've actually done it. As a designer, I will tell you that I sweat hard for every penny I earn all for the sake of one beautiful night.

So, here it is folks: A night at Bella Collina Golf Resort in San Clement, CA. Before I go further, I have to give a huge credit to Mary Lallande from Jay's Catering who organized this party! She put in some serious hours to pull this event together. Thank you Mary!

The event last Wednesday night was scheduled to begin at 5:30 PM but set-up started very early. I came by at noon to help out my awesome friend and stellar designer, Sussanna of French Buckets. Although many of her floral arrangements were worked on and completed the day before, there was still much so be done on-site with some elements that could not be created prior to the event. See this? This entire car was packed with flowers and materials just for that type of decor (the type that can only be assembled on-site)!
Photobucket

Here's Sussanna dec'n out the wrought iron tree with real branches.
Photobucket

You'll notice that most floral designers are pretty buff because of the heavy odd items we need to carry:
Photobucket

And apparently we get some fun perks like driving around club carts. We threw fabric rolls in this one to drape the chuppah in the ceremony area.
Photobucket

One thing I tell people all the time is that designing is a dangerous job. Just check out Sussanna! She's risking her life on a ladder all in the name of design. (FYI: Sussanna works magic with fabric. You will see later how stunning this chuppah came out. I can honestly say it was the most beautiful chuppah decor I have ever seen first hand.)
Photobucket

Oh, I can't forget to mention the amazing view that Bella Collina has to offer! Although my photo is of poor quality, the beauty of the landscape is hard to argue.
Photobucket

Fusion Linens, one of my favorites, was there too.
Photobucket

They had gorgeous linens and chiavari chairs for us that night.
Photobucket

Part 2 is up next with the beautiful event details.

No comments: