Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fibonacci's Dirty Little Secret

Alright, so maybe it's not really a secret but its dirty! Fibonacci's Campus Pointe Bistro has its own farm from where they harvest their own produce. And its just a walk away from the restaurant on a patch of real dirt! Check it out:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Just a little side thought - The florals on this dill plant look so much like a filler flower I like to use called Queen Anne's Lace. So what's to say that I can't use the florals from an edible garden to design with?
Photobucket

There is also a composting area. All composting material begin in the first bin and is moved/turned once a week into the following bin.
Photobucket

The progression eventually moves here where the soil is sifted. Its so easy, even the kids can do it!
Photobucket

So what even compelled me to visit the garden during my visit at Fibonacci's on Sunday? I noticed that all the disposable plates and utensils were made of raw, biodegradable material which was enough cause for applause. Then I had to find the trash cans after I was done with my meal.
Photobucket

I found a small crowd of people by the trash receptacle sorting through their garbage. Standing ovation? Getting there.
Photobucket

There were four different compartments: Compost, Fibonacci's Compostable Dinnerware, Recycle and Trash. Each label included a description of acceptable materials.
Photobucket

This composting material can be used for Fibonacci's very own garden! I love it! The system has been set up to sustain itself. (Insert standing ovation here)

Well done!

No comments: